Austin Defensive Driving Checklist
Certified Copy of Driving Record
- To obtain on line visit www.texasonline.state.tx.us. – Fee $12.00
- To obtain by mail, complete and mail the attached form to the Department of Public Safety – Fee $10.00
- Driving records are no longer available in person at the DPS office. It may take 4-6 weeks for the Texas Department of Public Safety to process your request by mail.
- Upon receipt from DPS, submit ALL pages of the original certified Driving Record to the Court. (Including “End of Record” page)
- In the event a Certified Abstract is required, visit www.texasonline.state.tx.us for more information.
Texas Education Agency approved 6 hour Driver’s Safety Course
- Child Safety Violations require a specialized Safety Seat System Course.
- A violation involving a motorcycle requires a Motorcycle Operator Training Course.
- Certificate should reflect Williamson County JP #3 as the name of the Court.
- Certificates are not issued the same day of completion; therefore, it is suggested that you take the course within 30 days after approval from the Court.
- Upon receipt SIGN the original court copy of the Driver’s Safety Certificate.
- Certificate must reflect course taken is for a ticket dismissal.
Submit to the Court within 90 days of Judgment the following documents
- The Original Signed Court Copy of the Driver’s Safety Certificate.
- The original Certified Driving Record, include ALL pages.
Failure to comply with the requirements of Defensive Driving will result in further Court proceedings.
A public service site created by Texas Friendly Defensive Driving School